Which type of breast implant you will choose: silicone or saline?
Before doing a breast augmentation you need to choose with your doctor the breast implants which is the best for your breast. Probably you are like most patients. You are hoping to get the most natural-looking results possible. There are two types of implants you can choose. Silicone gel implants and saline implants. Read below the characteristics of these two options and find out which of them you will choose for your breast lift.
Saline Breast Implants
- This implant type is filled it sterile salt water, which is compatible with the human body.
- Saline implants are filled after they have been placed, which allow the doctor to make a slightly smaller incision for placement and adjust volume after the implants have been inserted.
- If the implant should leak and the saline is released, it can be safely absorbed by your body.
- They are also more prone to aesthetic imperfections such as wrinkling, rippling, double-bubble, and bottoming out.
- Compared to silicone gel implants, saline implants look and feel less like your natural breast tissue.
- This implant type is the only option approved for women between the ages of 18 and 21 for primary breast augmentation.
Silicone Gel Breast Implants
- Silicone gel implants are the most common type of implant used worldwide.
- These implants give a more natural feel to the breast compared to saline breast implants.
- Silicone gel implants hold their shape and size well, and are less likely to bottom out than saline implants.
- These implants are filled by the manufacturer before they are placed. This may mean that a slightly larger incision is necessary compared to saline implants.
- Silicone gel implants are approved for women age 22 and older for primary breast augmentation.
Most women choose silicone gel implants from saline implants for a number of reasons, despite the advantages saline implants may offer. Silicone implants generally look and feel more natural than saline. The gel inside silicone implants more closely resembles the texture and the density of a natural breast tissue. Because of the gel’s nature, silicone implants don’t carry the same risks of leakage or visible rippling, making them ideal for women who want their implants to be as physical as possible.
Our recommendation in our clinic is to discuss first for the advantages and the disadvantages for the two types of breast implants. Your plastic surgeon will guide you appropriate about the best choice for your body and your breasts.
Book now an appointment in our clinic in Rhodes. Do today your plastic surgery you want with low cost. Furthermore you will enjoy a small vacation trip in the beautiful island of Rhodes.
We will look forward to see you and discuss everything that is concerns you.