DR. FILIPPOS PAPATHEODORAKIS
AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY
Liposuction is a minimally invasive body contouring procedure that suctions localized fat cells from the body to slim and smooth stubborn areas that have been unresponsive to traditional weight loss techniques such as diet and exercise. This procedure has successfully helped patients achieve an enhanced appearance for many years.
Although effective, the conventional liposuction procedure was often painful and involved long recovery times. New technology has allowed for different liposuction techniques that improve the accuracy and reduce the pain associated with this procedure. Today, liposuction can be performed using the tumescent technique or with the help of ultrasound imaging or a laser, which has transformed liposuction into a much safer and less invasive procedure.
What is a VASER?
• VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance. It's is a 3rd-generation ultrasound-assisted lipocustion tool that delivers energy in pulses through a specially designed probe.The Vaser instrument used during surgery liquefies the fat and allows the surgeon to target specific areas of the body.
• The VASER device is capable of selectively delivering ultrasound energy to liquefy the fat in the body without damaging other types of tissues. Once the fat has been melted, it can be suctioned out of the body through very small 2.2 mm to 3.7 mm sized cannulae without causing great trauma to the surrounding tissue structures. Thus, the incisions made are less than 5mm in size.
What is the 4D VASER Hi-Definition Liposuction?
• The4 D High-definition liposuction, also known ashi-definition liposuction,hi-definition liposculpture, or simply hi-def lipo, is a surgical procedure that involves suctioning excess fat out of target areas of the body to create a slim, muscular and athletic appearance in different areas of the body.
• This procedure may involve transferring fat to different areas of the body, such as the chest muscles in men or buttock in women (Brazilian Butt Lift),to enhance one's features.
• Typically the procedure may involve liposculpture of the arms, abdomen, flanks, back, and possibly thighs. This would be based on an individual basis since every patient is different.
• Make sure your plastic surgeon is certified and trained to perform the 4D VASER High-Definition liposculpture.
You decide about your style and shape!
Who is a candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction is ideal for patients who are in good overall health and maintain a healthy lifestyle, but have one or more problem areas with unresponsive fat deposits. It is important to realize that liposuction is not a means for major weight loss, but instead removes localized areas of stubborn fat after the patient has attempted other natural weight loss methods.
What areas of the body can be treated with liposuction?
Liposuction can be used to remove unwanted areas of localized fat from nearly any area of the body, and is most commonly used on the:
• Love handles
In many cases, more than one area can be treated during the same procedure in order to reduce operating costs and recovery times. Your doctor will develop an individualized treatment plan for you during your initial consultation.The results of liposuction can be permanent as long as patients maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. If substantial weight is gained after this procedure, results may be altered.
We understand than many men suffer from stubborn fat build up around specific parts of their bodies, which can often be difficult to reduce purely using diet and exercise. Vaser 4D can be the perfect solution for tackling stubborn fat on the common trouble areas such as love handles, stomach and chest.